International Technology Business Leader
General Management, P&L Ownership, Sales / Business Development, Technical Leadership
Hi-Tech, Medical Device, Professional Services, Energy Industries
Asia Pacific / US / EU / South America
Successful at driving technical sales and field engineering groups to maximum effectiveness – multi-million dollar revenue growth, reduced costs, and sustained profitability in US, Asian, EU, and South American markets. Savvy team leader with cultivated expertise in diverse business environments worldwide. Excel at bridging business cultures to grow sales and meet project deadlines . International MBA; BS in Technical Management.
Capabilities and Skills
Multi-Million Dollar Contract Negotiation / Execution – Management of Complex Technical Projects – P&L Leadership of Multi-Cultural Sales & Engineering Teams – New Market Penetration & Growth
Strategy Design & Excellence in Implementation – Alignment of Sales Compensation with Corporate Goals
Driving Technical Teams to Market Success
- Global Growth / P&L Control – Drove 30% key initiative growth (18% globally) as International Sales Manager for Leica Biosystems. As Business Development Director – Asia for MST Technology, drove 300% revenue growth in Japan and Korea, and increased APAC annual sales 114% over existing budget while leading strategy/execution across 11 Asian countries including top markets China, Japan, Korea, and SE Asia.
- Customer Acquisition – Built a record of success managing complex sales and proposal development process in short- and long-sell cycles. Negotiated/finalized large contracts aligning resources to meet customer needs.
- Project Leadership – Saved tens of thousands of dollars by implementing quality project management procedures that eliminated unscheduled technical support trips. Trained/developed Engineers/Sales Team.
- Program Launch – Project Engineer for the largest turnkey global LonWorks® gas detection and control installation in the world ($1.5B overall project budget). Executed the design, build, and integration of state-of-the-art gas detection and control systems based on LonWorks® technology; successfully delivered under challenging time limitations. Developed quoted scope in response to RFQs. Managed scope during project execution.
- Technology Guidance – As Technologist, advised on LonWorks® and SCADA HMI packages as primary “go-to.” troubleshooter. Provided expertise for critical Brazilian Semiconductor project (CEITEC).