HORIBA, Houston, TX USA 2011 to Present
World leading provider of Process and Environmental Solutions
Americas Sales Manager
Responsible for all sales activities in North and South America.
Leica Microsystems – A Danaher Company, Chicago, IL USA 2010 to 2011
World leading provider of Total Solutions for Histology Labratories
International Sales Manager
Led the global expansion of Leica’s recently acquired core histology consumables business. Drove YoY 31% growth in stragtically key markets (as defined by the DBS PD Level 1 initiative; monthly reports delivered to Danaher CEO) & global growth of 18%; this in an industry growing 5%-7% WW. Worked with sales units throughout the EU and APAC regions to deploy local tactics. Extensive international travel.
FST Technical Services, Porto Alegre, Brazil 2010
Provider of technical expertise in Semiconductor, Biotech and Pharmaceutical Industries
Technical Manager (Consultant)
Recruited by VP of Operations to support international growth of FST. Relocated to Brazil to provide technical expertise for 1st successful Federally sponsored Semiconductor Fab – CEITEC. Quadrupled FST’s presence on this critical project.
Eisenmann Corporation, Chicago, IL, USA 2009
A German industrial manufacturer specializing in highly engineered environmental solutions
National Sales Manager (Consultant)
Brought in to lead the execution of strategic change in the sales organization. Restructured an under-performing sales network and implemented a plan that was projected to support 40% growth in 2010 and 10% in 2011… in the competitive Capital Goods environment.
- Quickly evaluated performance in existing organization. Appraised sales team for individual and group performance; developed action plans to ensure improvement. Aligned sales compensation with corporate goals.
- Restructured representative network. Introduced accountability and transparency in a representative network that was previously operating outside corporate reach.
- Steering Committee. Advised executive management on sales initiatives.
Alstom Power, Beijing, China 2007 to 2009
A world leader in energy and power infrastructure
Sales Director, Environmental Control Systems – Southeast Asia
Newly created role designed to penetrate Asian markets outside of mainland China, selling environmental controls to power projects. Developed and implemented successful sales and business development strategies, identified opportunities, and built relationships with businesses, NGO’s, and government agencies within regions. Held direct responsibility for territories Taiwan, Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos; with indirect responsibility for China. Acted as implementer for Japanese (International) projects executed in region. Managed matrix structure of 15 sales employees.
- Developed pipeline to achieve order intake and profitability targets. Identified regional opportunities that were “a good technological fit.” Proposed and implemented strategy and “style of cooperation” with partners, design institutes, and customers.
- Networked and lobbied relevant authorities on a daily basis; built trust relationships throughout SE Asia.
- Secured pursuit monies and resources. Managed internal Alstom relationships/resources to ensure success.
- Influenced project specific and general government (Taiwan, Vietnam, and Malaysia) environmental specifications; solidified relationships with engineering firms and government bodies through territory.
M&R Limited, Beijing, China 2006 to 2007
Managing Director / Founder
While pursuing a fulltime International MBA at Rutgers, in Beijing, China, built a successful consultancy that connected small to mid-size Western and Eastern businesses supporting successful entry and expansion in the Asian market.
- For Western companies provided channel and market insights, developed business strategy and client relationships, managed sales channels, as well as market entry and business development in Asia Pacific.
- Advised and represented Asian manufacturers on business development strategies for multinationals.
MST Technology – A Honeywell Company, Shanghai, China / Chicago, IL USA 1994 to 2006
Global manufacturer of toxic gas monitoring and control systems for the high-tech industry
Business Development Director – Asia, Shanghai, China (2004 to 2006)
Provided leadership, strategic vision, and sales support to five regional territories across Asia Pacific, including Mainland China, Taiwan, Japan, Korea and Singapore (SE Asia). Challenged with bridging the gap of cultural differences between Asian and German business. Drove strategy development while steering account management and regional expansion. Developed and led a cohesive, team-oriented systems integration group. Held full P&L responsibility as Country Manager for Japan and Korea. Promoted teamwork; delivered outstanding training and support to sales and engineering personnel in Asia.
- Drove 300% revenue growth by improving profitability and country leadership in Japan and Korea. Negotiated contracts and cultivated expertise in diverse regional business cultures.
- Integrated the efforts of Taiwanese and Chinese sales teams that leveraged market growth potential.
Territory Sales Manager, East Coast / Midwest, Chicago, IL, USA (2002 to 2004)
Originally promoted to role of East Coast Sales Manager where recognition was attained as the only Territory Sales Manager to achieve target sales objectives during an industry downturn. Promoted to Territory Sales Manager Midwest / Technical Manager East Coast to provide sales & technical expertise concurrently for 17 Eastern and Midwestern states. Directed a team of sales support personnel.
- Reinvigorated efforts in the Midwestern United States that successfully doubled annual sales revenue.
- Identified and led business development efforts in new markets including nuclear power generation.
Senior Systems Engineer / Project Manager, Chicago, IL, USA (1996 to 2002)
Handpicked by the President of MST Technology for this key position as the first US employee to receive training in a new adopted, revolutionary technology – LonWorks®. Delivered technical presentations and provided technical sales support including quote development. Provided training as well as sales and service to global teams with frequent international travel.
- Project Engineer responsible for the largest turnkey global LonWorks® gas detection and control installation in the world ($1.5B overall project budget). Recognized as sole contractor that successfully met all milestones.
- Spearheaded the design, build, and integration of state-of-the-art gas detection and control systems for MST Technology based on LonWorks® technology. Successfully delivered under challenging time limitations.
- Acted as company technologist offering subject matter expertise routinely utilized by executives.
- Managed four to eight projects simultaneously with singular responsibility for all projects originating on the East Coast and the Southeastern United States.
Regional Service Manager, Santa Clara, CA, USA (1995 to 1996)
Oversaw delivery of exceptional service and technical training to customers on the West Coast. Supported sales efforts by providing superior technical assistance and client presentations. Played vital role in all aspects of the gas detection systems of major accounts, from design and installation to maintenance. Supervised three employees.
Field Service Engineer, Santa Clara, CA, USA (1994 to 1995)
Bench Technician, Wheeling, IL, USA (1994)